The 2016 Leuven Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering will be held from 19 till 21 September in Leuven, Belgium. It is the 27th international conference in a series of annual courses and biennial conferences on structural dynamics, modal testing and noise and vibration engineering, organised by the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the KU Leuven. This year's edition will be organised in conjunction with the 5th edition of the International Conference on Uncertainty in Structural Dynamics - USD2016. A single registration will grant access to both conferences. Please note that the conferences will take place at a different location than during the last edition. More information on the conference venue can be found here.
The conference provides a forum for engineers, researchers and other professionals active in the field of modelling, analysing, testing and improving the noise and vibration characteristics of mechanical systems and civil structures. The conference combines expertise in the noise and vibration fields by stressing common measurement, modelling, analysis and control technologies. The meeting will provide a further impetus to the cross fertilisation of ideas in both areas.
The conference program will include keynote lectures, tutorials and invited and contributed papers in specialised areas of noise and vibration engineering and structural dynamics. The focus of the conference is on experimental and numerical methods, with special attention to recent applications in vehicle and civil engineering. Fields with a strong interaction between noise and vibration behaviour will be stressed. Modal analysis and structural dynamic testing remains one of the backbones of the conference, and herein we would like to emphasise limiting factors such as product and test uncertainty as well as applications in the field of smart monitoring and damage assessment.
- Daniel Rixen, TU München - Experimental Substructuring: easy test and analysis through component assembly.
- Alexander Peiffer, Airbus Group Innovations - Full frequency vibro-acoustic simulation in aeronautics industry
- Acoustic testing
- Active noise and vibration control
- Aeroacoustics, flow noise
- Automotive noise and vibration (NVH)
- Damage detection and condition monitoring
- Durability testing - vibration control
- Dynamics of aerospace structures
- Dynamics of civil structures
- Dynamics of lightweight structures
- Dynamics of rotating machinery
- Dynamic testing: methods and instrumentation
- Inverse methods - load identification
- Medium and high frequency techniques
- Modal testing and FRF estimation
- Model correlation and updating
- Model reduction techniques
- Monitoring and diagnostics of rotating machinery
- Multibody dynamics and control
- Noise control engineering
- Non-linearities: identification and modelling
- Operational modal analysis
- Parameter estimation and identification
- Railway dynamics and ground vibration
- Self-excited vibrations
- Smart system dynamics
- Sound quality engineering
- Vibro-acoustic modelling and analysis
- Wind-turbine dynamics